EML Country Manager, Madrid
To apply to this position, please send your CV to Recruitment.Europe@emlpayments.com.
Country Manager, Madrid
CEO, Payment Card Services Ireland Ltd
The team you’ll be joining
Payment Card Services Ireland Limited (“PCSIL”) is an Electronic Money Institution (“EMI”), regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland (“CBI”). The regulated activities it undertakes are limited to issuing e-money and associated payment services. It is wholly owned by EML Payments, an Australian entity listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
Company Culture & Values
This role is classified as a PCF 16. As such the incumbent must meet the relevant Fitness and Probity Standards (code issued under section 50 of the Central Bank Reform Act 2010).
What you’ll bring
- Responsible for relationship building and customer management
- Act as the main escalation point of contact for all in country customers, providing input and support to the account management and new busines development teams
- Act as the main point of contact for regulatory level questions, liaising with and escalating to appropriate teams to respond and resolve questions
- Provide country/regional level input to customer strategies and account management including regulatory and compliance practices
- Network effectively with local customers and develop strong professional relationships
- Liaise with Regulator(s) on any issues needed to deliver product and services in country
- Collaborate with regional leadership to strategise on how best to roll out product and operational changes or onboarding programs
- Feed into regional strategy leveraging knowledge of local market
- Proactively identify, manage, and escalate country issues related to commercial partnerships and service delivery, triaging and coordinating communications and resolution efforts by Account Management and Sales colleagues
- Mentor both direct and in-direct reports especially regarding our values and vision
- Synthesise monthly, quarterly and annual reports on progress and development of country
- Adapt business model to be culturally relevant without losing its identity
- Contribute to the overall global success of our company.
- Build an engaged and empowered team and wider culture,
- Support, manage and grow your people to fulfill their potential
- The above is not an exhaustive and you may be required to assume other responsibilities from time to time
What you’ll bring
- 10 years+ in leadership in a commercial business setting
- Solid experience with Regulatory bodies
- Ability to thrive in high-pressure situations
- Outstanding negotiating skills
- Exceptionally well organised and driven by success
- Analytical thinker with superior problem-solving skills
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- A drive for collaboration and excel at fostering relationships
What we offer you
- Flexible working - Be empowered to work smarter, in a way that suits your lifestyle
- Fast-paced dynamic working environment
- Global business landscape that connects you with colleagues working throughout Australia, UK, North America and Europe
- Participation in the company bonus scheme
- 12w Parental Leave, Birthday Leave, Volunteer leave & Paid Professional memberships.